When conditions are favourable we head out to search for the Aurora Borealis, often called the Northern Lights.
We limit the group size per bus and try to give you a better and a more personal experience. We do not squeeze you to a 65+ person bus.
We head in the direction with the most chances of seeing the Northern Lights, avoiding the light pollution of the city. Our guides will teach you some facts about the Northern Lights on the way.
This might be a long night so we bring along light refreshments: Kleina (Icelandic twisted doughnut) for you and hot cocoa to keep you warm during the wait for the lights.
NOTE: Dress extremely well, preferably in layers. Bring a hat and gloves and wear thick socks.
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon. Sightings can not be guaranteed even if the tour is operated
- We decide after 17:00 every day if conditions are favourable to operate the tour. Please call us at +354 5511166 on the day you are booked on to see if the tour is running that day
- Pictures do not always reflect actual experience/sightings
- If no northern lights are seen, we will offer you the trip again for free!
- If you book a northern lights bus tour but conditions do not allow us to run the tour during your stay, you will receive a full refund.
- Please note that if the tour is cancelled or if you don’t see any lights you will need to reschedule your tour as soon as possible by calling or e-mailing Sterna Travel (the tour operator).